It seems to me that who you are as a person is the only definition that society will except from you. But it also seems that finding words to describe your consciousness, which is composed of something as simple as neural connections but becomes infinitely complicated once you begin to examine it as a whole, is truly the challenge young people face. How do you know who you are when it seems to change everyday? Every instant, potentially, I can be someone new. Maybe I have a borderline dissociative personality disorder. Or maybe most people are just too comfortable with accepting what other people tell them they are.
Even more potentially, I may hate the person I am, so decide that I have other sides to myself that are more pleasant. In reality, there is just the one, but I am trying to be forgiven for being awful, and therefore pretend that there are nice and caring sides to me.
But this thought depresses me. So we're going with the first one.
No comments:
Post a Comment