Okay, so I like the fact that companies will use models who aren't commercially "attractive." Dove did it first, well, first on a large scale, and I really liked what they did. Bloody brilliant. I mean, I know I'm not attractive or terribly thin, but it made me feel like I could have a career in modeling. I have this weird bone thing where I weigh a lot but look of average weight, so I don't know how successful I'd be in a modeling career so yea, glad I'm going to medical school.
BUT... I strongly dislike it when companies publish ads with non-commercially successful models (or "normals") modeling with serious faces. It just looks like normal people are staring at me, but aggressively. This in no way makes me want to buy their product, because now I associate it with peers hating me…. for no apparent--but surely deep seated--emotional reasons.
No comments:
Post a Comment