Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Happiness Playlist

So I've had this Cat Stevens' song stuck in my head for about a week and a half now. The trouble is that its not one of his more famous songs (i.e. Peace Train, Wild World, Hard Headed Woman). Because what most people don't know about Cat Stevens is that before he was the ultimate hippy, he was a greased-up, overly stylized pop star.



Irregardless, it's a pretty good song*. What I find amazing is that he's not really a good singer. But he was working the British music scene, so they probably had lower standards or something. I mean, they're British... they had what? The Beatles? Big whoop.

*By pretty good, I mean it makes me so freaking happy. Other songs in the field of "Will Cheer You Up Regardless Of Predetermined Predispositions For Being Filled With Melancholy":

Blame It On The Boogie -- The Jackson 5

2 Atoms In A Molecule - Noah & The Whale

Banana Pancakes -- Jack Johnson

Yea Yea Yea La La La -- Calvin Harris

Cobrastyle -- Teddybears

Crescendolls -- Daft Punk

I Want You Back -- The Jackson 5

Mess Around -- Ray Charles

Pata Pata -- Miriam Makeba

Sleepyhead -- Passion Pit

Three Little Birds -- Bob Marley

Whole Wide World -- Wreckless Eric

ABC's -- The Jackson 5

Little Bitty Pretty One -- The Jackson 5

basically anything by the jackson 5 really.

Try frowning during these songs and you'll feel like a freak.


No comments: